Google Translate Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

46th Stop: West Pymble and Cottage Point

Art hosted me on Sunday night after our trip to the beach, and we enjoyed an excellent dinner in the company of a few other CSers. One of them, a Frenchman named Julien, showed us by accident a wicked finger trick. You’ve got to see the photo to believe it. Amazing!

A couple days of Wordfast training the following week (I’ll spare you the details, but it did go well. Thanks to NAATI and Gary H. for letting us use their rooms for the training!) and then I would meet up with Nicki, an Australian I had met in Nice. Before I say anymore, I want to tell you about Nicki’s mission.

Nicki will be swimming 2.5 km to help fund breast cancer research. She recently lost her mother to this disease and is doing what she can to help make a difference. If you want to help her reach her goal, you can make a donation on this site: https://www.cantoo.org.au/

Cottage Point

View from West Head

Nicki picked me up at the train station and we went to her dad Ian’s place at Cottage Point. I must be lucky because she is currently subletting her place and her dad’s is out of sight. Imagine a beautiful home on a river estuary in the middle of a national park with a handful of homes around it.

We went out for dinner that night and Nicki told me more about her fund-raising project and work. In the morning, Ian and I went kayaking on the river and saw some beautiful jellyfish and aboriginal stone carvings.

Kayaking
It was great catching up with you Nicki and meeting your father. Thanks so much for hosting me and showing me some of the most beautiful places I have seen so far in Australia! Thanks again Art for the great camping trip and hosting me in West Pymble!
John and Nicki at Cottage Point

Next stop: the Gold Coast, Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and above all thanks for reading!