Google Translate Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

40th Stop: Tokyo, Japan

Forgot to take good pictures in Tokyo
At the beginning of the year, when this trip was still in the early stages of planning, I was a little disappointed because one of the translation industry’s biggest events, the American Translators Association Conference, was being held in the US, right before I had to be in Japan for the JCI World Congress :-(

While I was in Kuala Lumpur, Kristyna Marrero, Head of Sales for Wordfast, sent me an e-mail and asked if I could come to give them a hand at the Wordfast booth. Sure, why not! This meant, after just returning from France, leaving KL for Denver, Colorado, with a short stopover in Tokyo!

What luck! Tokyo had been dropped from the itinerary and now I had the chance, albeit short, to meet up with Ryan and Josh, two friends from high school who were living and working there as a headhunter and English teacher/musician respectively.

Congratulations to Josh who recently had a baby and to Ryan who just got married this past summer! Good luck with your newest album Josh and do keep us posted! Thanks Ryan for arranging the meeting and best of luck with your new family. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Next stop: Denver, Colorado!

Guess how old Josh and I are in this photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and above all thanks for reading!