Google Translate Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

31st Stop - Bangalore, India

I had one more night in Bangalore before leaving for Kuala Lumpur. Naturally, I met up with Vijay, Bela, Deni, Chitra, and one of Vijay’s friends, Gopu, for dinner. We had Chinese food that night, and topped it all off at a nearby creamery with milkshakes and sundaes.

On Friday, Deni and I met Vijay and another friend of his, Sam, for lunch at a hole-in-the-wall we would have never found on our own. Sam is a professional photographer who studied and worked in London for several years before coming back to Bangalore to set up his own photo studio and production company.

We all set out to Sam’s photo studio after lunch and he gave us a tour. Then we went back to his place for tea and to check out his portfolio. If you appreciate photography, I highly recommend you check out some of fantastic photos on his site: www.yolkstudio.com

My flight that evening took off a little after midnight and I was sick of getting there in just the nick of time, so I left a good four hours early. Good plan. Earlier that afternoon, around 4 pm, I had said to Deni, “We’ve had some great weather in Bangalore the past couple weeks, I don’t recall it ever raining.” Smart, real smart.

When I got into my rickshaw at 7:45 PM, it started to rain snakes and monkeys. My initial plan to go to the bus station and take the airport bus was thwarted by massive flooding along the route. I had to think quick. Ok, driver, swing back, we go around, bring me as far north as possible and I’ll grab a cab. Despite the wet legs, a rickshaw is your best bet during Friday night rush hour in the rain. The maneuverability can easily save you an hour of traffic jams. We eventually made it north of the city, I got in my cab and even had a few minutes to spare.

Strangely, the cab driver must have assumed we wouldn’t have any problem making it there on time, so he stopped to get himself take-out! That’s a first! Got any other errands to run? Just double park, I'll wait in the car.

Good-bye India, good-bye to all the wonderful people I met in Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kerala. I look forward to seeing you all again very soon!

Next stop: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
Sorry, no pics! this one is from Varkala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and above all thanks for reading!