Google Translate Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

3rd Stop - Nuremberg


Short but sweet time in Nuremberg! Gabi Strauss from JCI Nuremberg hosted for one night, on my way to Prague. The drive was great, I think this must have been the first time I didn’t get lost!

I got in late in the afternoon and Gabi asked, “Are you tired? We could stay in or go meet a friend at a beer festival in Erlangen.” Hmm, didn’t have to think long on this one. Despite the road fatigue, I couldn’t possibly pass up the opportunity to go to a German beer festival. So we grabbed our coats and hit the road again!

We made it there around 8 pm and met with Gabi’s friend Christian, another JCI member. With Christian, an Erlangen beer festival regular, we felt right at home. I just wish I had been wearing some lederhosen!

It didn’t take us long to get down to the purpose of our visit, indulging in fine German beer served in 1 liter beer steins. Three liters later, we were singing and dancing in the rain until the wee hours of the night.

Thanks Gabi for hosting me and bringing me to my first-ever German beer festival. Looking forward to coming back to Nuremberg for the German National JCI Conference in 2012!

Next stop: Prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and above all thanks for reading!